Purpose: To confirm additional criteria (not including standard Tumor-Node-Metastasis (TNM) classification, prostate specific antigen (PSA) and Gleasson score) to improve stratification of hormone-naпve non-metastatic high-risk prostate cancer.
Materials and methods: Detailed literature analysis with utilization of Pubmed data had been performed, and additional approaches to standard classification had been found.
- specific criteria of high-risk prostate cancer periodically change in appropriate guidelines and clinical researches, according to different prospects in “risk” detection between different experts in oncourology and radiation oncology;
- except modern classification, new data obtained concerning measurement of the tumor size can provide additional diagnostic value;
- more clear visualization, exactly, multiparametric magnetic resonance imaging, can also provide appropriate information about stage and size of the tumor and, thereby, helps to identify high-risk prostate cancer;
- specified definition of non-metastatic high-risk prostate cancer had been confirmed;
- in high risk group patients with multiple criteria of specified condition have higher risk of cancer-specific mortality.